Between news coverage, personal testimonials, and the growing support from medical professionals, there is a good chance that you have heard of or know someone who has had a positive experience with CBD (cannabidiol). After hearing about CBD or the possible benefits on the news or from a friend, you may be interested in learning more for yourself. Here are the basics to get you started.
- CBD is short for cannabidiol
- Derived from cannabis
- No toxicity levels
- No known serious side effects
- Cannabis is the most studied plant on Earth
- Scientific and clinical research indicates CBD’s potential benefits
- The Endocannabinoid System is perhaps the most important physiologic system involved in establishing and maintaining human health
- CBD vs. THC
- CBD Hemp Oil vs. Hemp Seed Oil
Things are changing in the cannabis world and what we all knew simply as weed has become a convoluted system of terms and symbols. The discoveries we are making about the cannabis plant and its different components have started to shed light on understanding how this plant interacts with our bodies. The awareness of CBD (Cannabidiol) and the endocannabinoid system in the medical world has changed the face of cannabis entirely. Although we have known about this cannabinoid for some time, information about it has been largely suppressed until now. Isolating the different compounds of cannabis finally gave us an insight into the synergistic effect taking place after cannabis ingestion. That in combination with discovering the complexity of the endocannabinoid system has given us scientific evidence to show the role cannabis plays in your body’s regulatory functions.